2014 is our sixth year hosting the Cowichan Bay Spot Prawn Festival. We are again expecting a record number of visitors and we have a GREAT Saturday and Sunday planned ….. just for you!
2014 Cowichan Bay Spot Prawn Festival
Saturday and Sunday, May 24 & 25, 2014
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Come and join us for this incredibly popular, fun-filled, family festival !
On May 24 and 25, the Spot Prawn Festival in Cowichan Bay showcases all that Cittaslow represents.
Cittaslow Cowichan is a celebration of the best in our village—whether its checking out the local bakery, exploring local waters by kayak, watching the whales, fishing out on the water, or tasting cheeses and the wines—it’s all here.
Best of all it’s a celebration of our place—take time to stroll the village streets and stop to have an ice cream or eat at one of many seaside cafes. Enjoy the local hotel or the pub, dine at our restaurants or find some treasures in shops packed with the creations of local artisans.
Five years ago, the Cowichan Bay area earned the Cittaslow designation. It was the first in North America to do so and it continues to meet its obligations.
Join us May 24 and 25 in Cowichan Bay Village—eat some prawns, learn about this delicious local seafood and enjoy your neighbours.
Next week: More on Citta Slow.
We are still looking for volunteers. Can you spare three hours on one or both of those days? If so, please let us know by clicking here.
This year’s Spot Prawn Festival is being organized by Cittaslow, which means Slow City. Or in our case, Slow Village. We were the first Cittaslow designation in North America!
2014 Prawn Festival Prawn Sales
- All prawn sales will be by ticket only. No cash sales
- A limited # of tickets can be purchased in advance from Cowichan Bay Seafood either in Cowichan Bay or at the Victoria Public Market on Douglas St. starting May 1st.
- Tickets will be available for purchase at the festival from Cowichan Bay Seafood or at the Cowichan Bay Fishermans’ Wharf.
- A limited # of prawns will be available for sale. A maximum of 5 lbs prawns per person per day.
All ticket sales are guaranteed. Buy your ticket early to avoid disappointment.
- Prawns will be $13/lb live.
- Prawn sales will start at noon at Cowichan Bay Seafood and at approx. 1pm off the boats at the dock.
- Bring a bucket.
Nick Versteeg makes the first 2014 announcements about the upcoming 6th Annual Cowichan Bay Prawn Festival. The main topics are Where to Park and Pre-Ordering Prawns to avoid the long line-ups of last year.